Obsession- Booties

I have never really been a slave to trends. I am more of a "do what feels like me" kinda girl. However, I am jumping head first into the bootie trend. Everyone who knows me knows I am a devoted boots girl, I love when summer turns to fall and I can slip into my tried and true Loeffler Randall boots (I have a slight infatuation with the brand). This year I am switching it up a bit. I am going to throw some booties into the mix. Actually, I already have.
My current purchase and obsession are these black suede Miu Miu booties:

They are sooo comfortable, the 1" hidden platform helps, and their versatility is insane. I wore them out the other night with my cropped J Brand skinnies and a slouchy cashmere sweater, they transformed the look from boring to chic. In the fall I am going to pair them with opaque black tights under dresses and blazers, skirts and off the shoulder sweaters and of course skinnies.


When looking for outfit inspiration, you don't have to look much further then net-a-porter.com. Their stylists kill it every time. Here are some of the looks that nudged me further towards the bootie trend.






Since we now live in downtown Montreal, walking is a much bigger part of my life. Alas, my high heels will be left to nights out and I will have to decide on a pair of flat booties for scoping out my new city. For anyone else looking for a more practical bootie these are my favs.




0 comments: