Chicken and artichoke pesto quesadillas
- 4 flour tortillas
- ½ cup pesto
- 2 cups shredded cheese of your choice
- ½ cup canned artichoke hearts, quartered, and ripped into smaller pieces
- 1 large boneless skinless chicken breast
- Preheat oven to broil. Place chicken on a broiler pan about 6 inches from the burners and broil for about 15-20 minutes, or until a meat thermometer reads 160ºF (it’ll reach 165ºF while it cooks in the quesadilla).
- Cut the cooked chicken into ½ inch pieces.
- Lay out two tortillas. Spread a thin layer of pesto on each tortilla, evenly distributing the ½ cup between both.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese over the pesto, reserving a cup of cheese.
- Spread the chicken and artichoke hearts evenly over both tortillas.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the chicken and artichokes.
- Place another tortilla on top of each quesadilla.
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium low heat. One at a time, heat
each quesadilla until the cheese begins to melt and the bottom becomes
crispy and golden brown. Flip quesadilla over and cook until the other
side becomes golden brown and crispy. Remove from heat, cut, and serve.