Cleanse.

Sigh. It's time. I've been putting off something I hate doing.

Cleaning out my closet.

 {Not my actual closet. But I totally 
should have pretended it was.}

It's not that I have a hard time letting go of things, it's just that there's always so much I know should go. Did I just contradict myself?

Here are my rules for doing a good closet cleanse:

1. Once a year go through everything and purge, purge, purge!

2. Things you haven't wore in a full calendar year are to be tossed. No excuses!

3. Anything ripped, stained, etc. needs to go.


4. Make "winter" and "summer" bins that are easy to pull out and pack up.

5. You don't need 8 pairs of black pumps. And because they are the most worn shoe, they are the most likely to be trashed. Release the ones that have done their job and need to be laid to rest.

6. Face it, some of those cute clutches and bags are not going to come back into style. You got a great couple years of them, and now it's time to let them go. 


7. You don't need 12 pairs of jeans hanging in your closet. Especially when you only ever wear 4 of them.

8. Not sure about something? Turn to your {honest} stylish friends, a la Carrie Bradshaw.



0 comments: